Position: Consultant (Technical)
Term of Position: Full Time
Closing Date: August 20, 2017
Location: Ottawa, Toronto, or Calgary
A Consultant at Delphi is responsible for providing project management, client relations, technical research and analytical support to all projects & proposals and other related duties. The role requires excellent client and project support skills, including clear communications, analytical and strategic competencies, and an appetite for taking the initiative around opportunities as they present themselves. Consultants work closely with staff in other Delphi offices to deliver services to clients across Canada.
Consultants are expected to participate in the company’s corporate social responsibility activities and undertake administrative tasks as requested.
Research & Projects
- Lead small & medium size research and technical projects with minimal supervision from senior staff.
- Assist with the preparation of project timelines, budgets and reports on project progress.
- Develop initial analysis of research findings for draft reports and deliverables to clients.
- In coordination with senior staff, undertake communication with clients.
- Undertake general project work including research, analysis of research findings, writing reports, preparation of tables and graphs, undertaking interviews, etc.
Specific Greenhouse Gas Emission (GHG) / Technical Responsibilities
- Act as a primary resource for process engineering and industrial modeling requirements on projects.
- Serve as a specialist in the calculation of GHG emissions and emission reductions, and other environmental metrics.
- Perform chemical process calculations to determine emission factors or model facility and technology performance.
- Perform project and program assessments and feasibility studies to estimate or report on actual GHG reductions and environmental co-benefits associated with specific initiatives/projects.
- Consider the implications of GHG policy and legislation when preparing GHG analyses for projects and organizations, and other environmental policy where applicable (air, water, land, waste, etc.).
- Assist in developing GHG reduction strategies and valuation models for clients.
- Act as a general resource for technical and technological aspects of GHG reduction projects and activities.
- Development of proposals including taking the lead on overall coordination and writing various proposal sections.
Marketing and Sales
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s accomplishments and projects through individual marketing and sales efforts, including leveraging existing contacts and clients, and participation and presentations at related conferences and events.
- Work to / further develop a network of peers to support Delphi business development and marketing efforts
- A university degree in engineering or science and/or equivalent experience, including demonstrated ability to approach problems from an engineering perspective and general comfort level with analyzing and assessing relevant processes and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with corporate GHG and sustainability reporting practices, strategy development and relevant standards / programs such as ISO 14064, WRI GHG Protocol, CDP, GRI, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and organize work efficiently, in order to meet budgetary and timeline constraints
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience leading a project team
- Experience with client relations
- Demonstrated use of creativity, initiative and self-direction
- Adept at the use of MS Excel and other MS Office products
- 3-5 years of professional employment experience, ideally within a consulting environment (more experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply)
- Niche experience in one or more major Canadian industrial or economic sector.
- Knowledge of Canadian, US and/or international climate change policy, regulations, and programs
- Knowledge of and experience with data monitoring and quality management systems (e.g., metering, data acquisition systems, databases / software that pull and store this data, and associated QA/QC procedures), ideally in an industrial or similar context
- Experience with basic economic analytical techniques such as net present value, internal rate of return, etc.
- Familiarity with GHG, financial, or related auditing principles and methodologies, including relevant international standards for GHG validation and verification.
- Experience using and designing databases
- Experience with data visualization software and tools such as Tableau and Power BI
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.