Position: Director or Senior Consultant, Carbon & Sustainability Management Services
Term of Position: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB
Closing Date: August 20, 2017
The Director in the Calgary office is responsible for developing, marketing and managing projects across all of Delphi’s service areas and representing Delphi in the Calgary market. The role requires a motivated, self-directed individual to sustain and build new business areas. Directors are responsible for independently managing project teams and are considered to be fully proficient in the full delivery of technical and consulting services.
A Senior Consultant is responsible for providing a wide-variety of project management and execution duties. The role requires excellent client support skills, including clear communications, analytical and strategic competencies, and an appetite for taking the initiative around opportunities as they present themselves.
All Delphi staff are expected to participate in the company’s corporate social responsibility activities and undertake administrative, internal management and other tasks as required.
* Please note a final decision on position will be based on experience level of the successful candidate.
Project Management & Coordination
- Oversee the implementation of projects including all staff and external consultants. This includes assigning work, establishing and maintaining schedules, controlling project expenses and ensuring that individual work contributes into a coherent and quality deliverable for each client.
- Lead client projects, with the accountability for delivering them on time, on budget and with client satisfaction an utmost priority.
- Analyze findings, develop key insights, create actionable recommendations, prepare presentations, and also present results to senior executives in the client organization.
- Debate opinions, test understanding, and clarify judgments proactively with team members and subject matter experts.
- Supervising staff and ensuring the ongoing progress of activities towards achievements of objectives and expected results.
- Maintain a leadership role and motivate staff while developing the corporate culture at Delphi.
- Ensure that supervised staff are reaching their billable rates.
Business Development/information gathering/marketing
- Able to work with senior managers to secure partners and funding for projects, identify and pursue business opportunities.
- Respond to RFPs, follow-up with existing clients on potential work discussed, follow-up with new clients on potential work discussed, develop initiatives.
- Develop understanding and implement Delphi sales to overall services that are provided across Canada. Provide prospective Clients with a comprehensive understanding of Delphi’s service areas, value proposition and strategic capabilities in order to attract and secure new clients.
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s accomplishments and projects through individual marketing, participation and presentations at related conferences and events, etc.
- Develop business plans for specific service areas and contribute to strategic plans for the company.
- Write and present proposals to prospective clients and contacts for engagements.
- Meet with senior members in a client’s organization, develop project questions, and gain a deep understanding of the client environment and culture.
Specific Technical Responsibilities*
- Serve as a project lead for environmental impact quantification projects including GHG emissions and emission reduction project evaluations.
- Act as an internal expert on GHG accounting, net-benefit calculations and LCA.
- Provide strategic oversight of technical projects to ensure considerations for policy, regulation, CSR objectives and other drivers are included in the development and delivery of all technical projects.
- Assist in developing GHG reduction strategies and valuation models for clients.
- Act as a general resource for technical and technological aspects of GHG reducing projects and activities.
- Strategic thinker with understanding of the market needs
- Pre-established contacts and ability to network and market projects to both public and private sector clients
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage client expectations, demands and concerns
- Ability to manage several staff and partners in complex tasks
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and organize work efficiently
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience with corporate GHG and sustainability reporting practices, strategy development and relevant standards / programs such as ISO 14064, WRI GHG Protocol, CDP, GRI, etc.
- Knowledge of Canadian, US and/or international climate change and sustainability policy, regulations, and programs
- Experience applying engineering principles in an industrial setting; familiarity or in-depth experience in process engineering, including the oil and gas industry
- A university degree in science or engineering and/or equivalent experience, including demonstrated ability to approach problems from an engineering perspective and general comfort level with analyzing and assessing relevant processes and technologies.
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Resourcefulness and self-starter
- Minimum 6-8 years employment experience or related experience
*Candidates that have less engineering / technical experience but excel in all other areas of this position description are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.