Position: Director or Senior Consultant (Policy)
Term of Position: Full Time
Closing Date: September 1, 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
A Director at Delphi is responsible for developing, marketing and managing related projects. The role requires a motivated, self-directed individual to sustain and build new business areas. Directors are responsible for independently managing project teams and are considered to be fully proficient in the full delivery of consulting services.
A Senior Consultant is responsible for providing a wide-variety of project management and execution duties. The role requires excellent client support skills, including clear communications, analytical and strategic competencies, and an appetite for taking the initiative around opportunities as they present themselves.
All Delphi staff are expected to participate in the company’s corporate social responsibility activities and undertake administrative, internal management and other tasks as required.
* Please note a final decision on position will be based on experience level of the successful candidate.
Project Management & Coordination
- Undertake large client projects with supervision from senior management and independently leads small & medium size client projects.
- Preparation of project timelines, budget preparation and reports on project progress.
- Taking a lead role in maintaining ongoing communication with clients.
- Maintain communication with project team, initiates team meetings when necessary, monitors staff efforts to ensure projects stay on budget and on time.
Climate Change/GHG Policy and Regulatory Analysis
- Providing research, policy analysis, briefing notes, research reports, intelligence and strategic insights for diverse client base and audiences related to:
- Provincial climate policies, reduction strategies
- Federal pan-Canadian Climate Change Framework
- International trends
- Helping clients navigate the complex policy and regulatory landscape, translating and communicating organization-specific implications to clients with varying degrees of expertise.
- Tracking of ongoing policy and regulatory developments and intelligence gathering through variety of means.
- Undertake stakeholder engagement activities, facilitation, consultations (workshops, roundtables, phone interviews, etc.)
- Act as supervisor and direct report for Delphi analysts and consultants as required, ensuring the ongoing progress of activities towards achievements of objectives and expected results.
- Maintain a leadership role and motivate staff while developing the corporate culture at Delphi.
- Able to work independently and with others at Delphi to secure partners and funding for projects, identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Able to clearly scope Terms of Agreement with a client, as well as project methodology and deliverables that are reflective of the client’s unique environment and culture.
- Respond to RFPs, follow-up with existing clients on potential work discussed, follow-up with new clients on potential work discussed, develop initiatives.
- Help shape and implement Delphi sales general approach to overall services. Develop business plans for specific service areas and contribute to strategic plans for the company.
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s accomplishments and projects through individual marketing, participation and presentations at related conferences and events, etc.
- Expertise in Canadian climate change and GHG policy/regulation (federal/sub-national).
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams and highly dynamic work environments.
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience and established network in one or more of the following sectors: oil and gas, utilities, manufacturing, finance, real estate, retail, government/arms-length agencies.
- Ability to manage client expectations, demands and concerns – prioritize, multitask and organize work efficiently
- 7+ years employment experience or related experience
- A university degree in public policy, business, economics, engineering, environmental studies (or equivalents).
- International policy expertise or direct work experience
- Experience with Sustainability Strategy Development, GHG Reporting (CDP, Global Reporting Initiative) and/or Environmental Inventories (carbon, energy, water, waste, etc.) considered an additional asset.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.