Setting the Bar High – Delphi’s Corporate Responsibility Commitments are Industry Leading:
Although we are not a large organization, Delphi likes to make a big impact when it comes to improving the lives of others, contributing to a sustainable future, and investing in Canada’s youth. At Delphi we are proud of our commitment to sustainability, to building stronger communities and to improving the lives of others - both locally and globally.
Donate 1% of Gross Revenue to Charity
- We donate 1% of corporate gross sales to local, national and international charities – this can amount to over 5% of our net profits.
- This commitment is far more generous than you’ll typically find at other companies, and thus raises the bar for others to follow on corporate responsibility
- We sponsor 3 children in Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo and Sudan through SOS Children’s Villages, World Vision and Plan Canada.
- Our support covers a variety of local, regional, national and international charities. Please click here for a listing of the charities we support.
Green Operations - Carbon Neutral and Low Overall Environmental Impact
- We are Bullfrog Powered – which means our electricity comes from Green, Ecologo certified generation!
- We are carbon neutral - Our operations and business travel are entirely GHG neutral and we annually purchase offset credits that are third party verified and certified.
- We monitor and continuously strive to improve office energy efficiency and waste reduction at all Delphi office locations.
- We use recycled FSC certified paper.
- We use environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- We compost all of our organic waste through use of Ottawa's Green Bin Program
Initiatives to Enhance Educational and Employment Opportunities for Youth
- The Delphi Group joined forces with Cenovus Energy to create a new annual scholarship program to provide Canadian university and college students financial assistance to continue their studies in a field related to the environment. The “Canadian Youth Environmental Leadership Scholarship” is also supported by the Young Environmental Professionals and the GLOBE Foundation.
- For more information about the 2012 scholarship, click here.
- We have successfully organized and implemented a Young Environmental Leadership program since 2005 at both the EECO and Globe series of conferences.
- We support an annual scholarship for Excellence in Research in Environment and Sustainable Development at Carleton University in Ottawa.
Initiatives that Support a Caring Local Community
- For ten years, we have organized and sponsored the annual “Let’s Play Ball for Kids” charitable softball tournament. The tournament raises funds for local children’s and environmental charities.
- We have been able to raise over $39,000 which has gone entirely to local children's charities.
- In the 2011 tournament we raised $4,750, with these funds dispersed to CHEO, Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa, and Candlelighters - Tori's Helping Hand.
- We are active supporters of The United Way.
- In 2010, we raised $6244 during the Fall campaign.
Creating a More Sustainable Future
- Our CEO, Mike Gerbis is one of the founders and past President of The Climate Project – Canada – a not-for-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness around climate change.
- We have supported the Commonwealth Humanitarian Dinner in Ottawa, a banner event that raises funds for worthwhile projects in developing Commonwealth countries.
- We are a Charter Member of the Science Media Centre of Canada.
- We worked with the University of Ottawa to develop the New Thinking Lecture series on Health and the Environment.
- In 2010, the Delphi Group teamed up with the Community Energy Network, a collaboration of non-profits in the Ottawa area, in order to promote the 1000 Solar Rooftop Challenge, which is about getting all community members involved in going solar! We are currently working on a Solar Tracking Tool to showcase the locations of different solar projects across the region.