Permanent – Full-time – Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver
Closing Date: May 17, 2019
The Consultant is responsible for providing a wide-variety of consulting project delivery and management duties. The role requires excellent client support skills, including clear communications, research, analytical and strategic competencies, and an appetite for taking the initiative around opportunities as they present themselves.
The position requires an individual with ~3-5 years’ experience in corporate sustainability/ESG, management consulting and/or sustainable finance fields.
Delphi prides itself on being a purpose-driven organization, and we look for team members who embody our mission to “transform the way leading organizations generate value to make our world better.” This role would also provide the opportunity to engage across the Delphi ‘constellation’ with the GLOBE Series, Leading Change and EXCEL Partnership.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
Project Delivery, Management & Coordination
- Leading small and medium sized client projects related to the design and implementation of ESG strategies, programs, and initiatives across a range of industries. Responsibilities may include leading research and data analysis, synthesizing findings, providing strategic recommendations, developing presentations, and writing reports, including the preparation of tables and graphs, excel-based tools, etc.
- Undertaking large client projects with support and supervision from senior management.
- Conducting stakeholder engagement activities, facilitation, consultations (workshops, roundtables, phone interviews, etc.), as required for project delivery.
- Translating complex issues into company-specific implications, communicating to clients with varying degrees of expertise.
- Preparation of project timelines, budget preparation and reports on project progress, taking a lead role in maintaining ongoing communication with clients.
- Tracking of ongoing market and industry trends – including intelligence gathering through a variety of means.
Subject Matter Expertise – Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG); Sustainable Finance
- Providing advice and responding to client requests for research, analysis, intelligence and strategic insight related a range of strategic ESG & sustainable finance topics, including:
- Business case development for ESG initiatives and related business strategies
- Corporate ESG strategy development & implementation
- Integration of ESG issues into financial decision-making processes, including risk management & assessments
- Investor expectations including Climate-related financial disclosure, ESG disclosures in annual reporting
- Evolution of sustainable finance in Canada, including new/emerging low-carbon finance tools (e.g green bonds)
- Act as project supervisor for Delphi analysts and consultants across the company as required for the effective delivery of individual projects, ensuring the ongoing progress of activities towards achievements of objectives and expected results.
- Embody Delphi’s corporate culture, motivating staff and participating in our corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Respond to RFPs, follow-up with existing clients on potential work discussed, follow-up with new clients on potential work discussed, develop initiatives Able to clearly scope project work with a client, including contributing to project methodology and deliverables that are reflective of the client’s unique environment and culture.
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s expertise and projects through individual marketing, participation and presentations at related conferences and events, etc.
- Expertise in sustainability, ESG, climate risk and/or finance-related issues.
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams and highly dynamic work environments.
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience and established network in one or more of the following sectors: finance, utilities, oil and gas, real estate, retail, manufacturing, government/arms-length agencies.
- Ability to manage client expectations, demands and concerns – prioritize, multitask and organize work efficiently.
- 3-5 years employment experience or related experience
- A university degree in business management, finance, policy, economics, environmental studies (or equivalents).
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Accreditation
- Experience with corporate sustainability reporting
- French language skills
- International expertise or direct work experience
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Consultant – ESG Strategy & Sustainable Finance, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.