Permanent – Full-time – Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary or Vancouver
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
The Consultant is responsible for providing a wide-variety of consulting project delivery and management duties. The role requires excellent client support skills, including clear communications, research, analytical and strategic competencies, and an appetite for taking the initiative around opportunities as they present themselves.
The position requires an individual with ~3-5 years’ experience in corporate sustainability/CSR and reporting/communications.
Delphi prides itself on being a purpose-driven organization, and we look for team members who embody our mission to “transform the way leading organizations generate value to make our world better.” This role would also provide the opportunity to engage across the Delphi ‘constellation’ with the GLOBE Series, Leading Change and EXCEL Partnership.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
Project Delivery, Management & Coordination
- Leading small and medium sized client projects related to sustainability strategies, programs, and initiatives across a range of industries. Responsibilities may include leading research and data analysis, synthesizing findings, providing strategic recommendations, developing presentations, and writing reports, including the preparation of tables and graphs, excel-based tools, etc.
- Undertaking large client projects with support and supervision from senior management.
- Contributing to and/or leading projects related to sustainability reporting and communications. Responsibilities may include research and benchmarking of industry trends and best practices, providing strategic recommendations specific to client context, and contributing to all stages of report development, including content development, writing, and liaising with third-party design firms.
- Conducting stakeholder engagement activities, facilitation, consultations (workshops, roundtables, phone interviews, etc.), as required for project delivery.
- Preparation of project timelines, budget preparation and reports on project progress.
- Taking a lead role in maintaining ongoing communication with clients.
- Maintain communication with project team, initiates team meetings when necessary, monitors staff efforts to ensure projects stay on budget and on time.
- Tracking of ongoing market and industry trends related to corporate sustainability and reporting – including intelligence gathering through a variety of means.
- Act as project supervisor for Delphi analysts and consultants across the company as required for the effective delivery of individual projects, ensuring the ongoing progress of activities towards achievements of objectives and expected results.
- Embody Delphi’s corporate culture, motivating staff and participating in our corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Development of proposals including taking the lead on the overall coordination and writing the majority of proposal sections.
- Respond to RFPs, follow-up with existing clients on potential work discussed, follow-up with new clients on potential work discussed, develop initiatives.
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s accomplishments and projects through individual marketing, participation and presentations at related conferences and events, etc.
- Expertise in corporate sustainability/ CSR
- Experience in sustainability / CSR reporting and communication, including working with various sustainability-related reporting standards, platforms and guidelines such as the Global Reporting Initiative, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, CDP, UN Sustainable Development Goals, Integrated Reporting, Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosure, etc.
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams and highly dynamic work environments.
- Experience with client relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 3-5 years employment experience or related experience
- A university degree in business, communication, environmental studies or related fields.
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Accreditation
- French language skills
- International expertise or direct work experience
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Consultant – Sustainability and Reporting, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.