Join GLOBE Series and make a difference.
GLOBE Series is looking for a full-time Project Director to oversee our slate of internal and external events and ensure client satisfaction, smooth event execution, and communication among key team members as the primary project manager and point of contact. This position will require management of the event from concept to completion, team members of varying levels of experience and skill, vendor partnerships, client budgets, and timelines. The Project Director will be expected to deliver events on time, on budget, and beyond client expectations.
GLOBE Series is a dynamic, growth-oriented company based in Vancouver serving an international community of business professionals. The GLOBE event series was established in 1990 and has evolved into the preeminent forum for advancing sustainability and the clean economy. As we embark on a new and exciting phase of the GLOBE Series, we are actively seeking outstanding talent to help us build on past success and help us deliver on our vision: to create a sustainable and socially just future in a generation.
If you want to have fun while changing the world for the better – and work for an organization that will support your professional growth and challenge you intellectually – GLOBE Series is the company for you.
Project Management and Coordination
- Project management includes overseeing all facets of large events such as GLOBE Forum as well as the implementation of client events and smaller internal events. This will entail working with the leads of each functional area – including logistics, marketing and communications, programming and sponsorship – across the company to ensure:
- Each particular event/project is budgeted correctly and resources are allocated accordingly,
- Project tasks, milestones and deadlines are determined and communicated, and all elements of the event are executed in a timely fashion and on budget. This includes tracking time and expenses against the budget so that appropriate adjustments can be made within and across teams and activities
- Continuous and effective communication with the client during event implementation and delivery, as well as functional leads and critical team members
- Accountable for cost control and budget management.
- Manage and coordinate responses to formal Request for Proposals and write and present proposals to prospective clients and contacts for sponsorship and related engagements.
- Interface between GLOBE Series and the client when delivering an event for an external organization
Staff & Associate Management
- Supervising and coordinating internal staff and external vendors to ensure the ongoing progress of activities towards achievements of objectives and expected results.
- Maintain regular and transparent communication with project team-; initiate team meetings when required, monitor staff efforts to ensure projects stay on budget and on time.
- Maintain a leadership role and motivate staff while ensuring a positive corporate culture at GLOBE Series.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience managing multiple large and smaller scale events (conferences/expositions ideal) and related project teams. Expertise across multiple areas of event management (logistics, partnership development, marketing and communications etc.) an asset
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated excellence working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and solve problems on the fly
- Ability to assess and manage risk
- Leadership and strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy essential
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills and the ability to manage client expectations, demands and concerns
- Strong financial and budgeting skills, with expertise in Microsoft Excel and project management software such as Microsoft Project
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a sense of humour
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.