Permanent – Full-time – Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary or Vancouver
Closing Date: May 24, 2019
The Research Analyst is responsible for providing research, analytical, and written communication support to all projects & proposals and to all levels of management in the company. The role requires excellent support skills, including clear written and verbal communications, research, critical thinking, and analytical competencies, and an appetite for taking the initiative around opportunities as they present themselves.
The position requires an individual with ~1-3 years’ experience in corporate sustainability, climate change, or a related field.
Delphi prides itself on being a purpose-driven organization, and we look for team members who embody our mission to “transform the way leading organizations generate value to make our world better.” This role would also provide the opportunity to engage across the Delphi ‘constellation’ with the GLOBE Series, Leading Change and EXCEL Partnership.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
Research & Projects
- Support projects with the accountability for delivering research, analysis, and general project related duties in a timely manner. Particular focus on projects related to:
- Corporate Sustainability
- Sustainability programs, strategies, initiatives
- Materiality assessments and business case development for sustainability strategies
- Sustainability / ESG trends
- Sustainability reporting
- Benchmarking and competitive analysis
- Climate Change
- General research in support of Delphi’s Climate Change service area, which may include supporting research and analysis into the development of corporate climate change reduction strategies across a variety of industries, incorporating carbon and climate change risk into business strategies, supporting research into public sector GHG mitigation strategies
- Climate change reporting, including in sustainability reports, CDP, and TCFD.
- Cleantech & Innovation
- General research in support of Delphi’s Cleantech & Innovation service area, which may include researching Canadian cleantech companies and supporting the preparation of reports, presentations, workshops, etc.
- Green Economy
- General research in support of Delphi’s Green Economy service area, which may include green economic development plans and circular economy.
- Support in responding to requests for sustainability related research, analysis, intelligence and strategic insight for diverse client base and audiences
- Assist with the preparation of writing and editing draft reports and subject briefs (includes content review and development).
- Support with stakeholder engagement, facilitation, consultations (workshops, roundtables, phone interviews, etc.).
- Support the identification of opportunities and development of project proposals of varying size and scope.
- Support the preparation of Delphi proposals, under the direction of a supervisor.
Business Development and Marketing
- Provide research and needed support to other Delphi team members in developing business strategies and marketing materials across a variety of sectors.
- Preparation of and assistance with the development of though leadership pieces, presentations and other engagements.
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s accomplishments through individual marketing and participation at related conferences and events.
- Strong ability to research and analyze information from variety of sources, consolidate into concise findings and effectively communicate results.
- Balance of strategic policy insight and technical knowledge.
- 1-3 years employment experience working in corporate sustainability or related experience.
- A university degree in sustainability, business, economics, environmental studies (or equivalents).
- Experience with Sustainability and GHG Reporting (CDP, Global Reporting Initiative, etc.) and/or Environmental Inventories (carbon, energy, water, waste, etc)
- Carbon accounting or related technical experience
- French language skills
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Research Analyst, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.