Term of position: Contract (4 months), full-time
The Delphi Group (Delphi.ca) is seeking a Digital Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (“ESG”) Web Development intern for a 4 month term commencing upon selection of the right candidate. While this position will focus primarily on web development, other technical responsibility areas may be required.
Successful candidates will be receiving information from across the country, so they must have effective communication, will need to be extremely well organized, be able to work as part of the Constellation team and have strong problem-solving and data science capabilities.
The Delphi Group is part of a constellation of organizations that also includes GLOBE Series, the EXCEL Partnership, Canadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR) and Leading Change. Each of these organizations has its own mission, services and platforms, but we work together toward a common purpose: to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation.
GLOBE Series convenes events like GLOBE Capital and GLOBE Forum, among others; The Delphi Group provides sustainability consulting services; the EXCEL Partnership and CBSR bring together Canadian corporate leaders on key sustainability issues; and Leading Change accelerates young professional leadership in sustainability.
As part of its ongoing delivery of sustainability consulting services, Delphi is in the process of modernizing its research and analytics systems to capitalize on advances in automated information discovery, cloud storage and compute resources, analytics and advanced learning algorithms and other machine-assisted tools. The Digital ESG intern position has been created to offer emerging professionals in the data science and sustainability fields to build commercial experience collaborating on projects that are at the leading edge of advancing the business sustainability agenda. The position will work closely with senior experts at Delphi to support the process of designing and delivering unique new information-based sustainability products and services to the market.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
Strong skill set in the following:
Web application configuration and development
- Administer content management systems and other backend tools to support web-based product and service development and delivery.
- Leverage APIs and other connectors to integrate various platforms as part of a full web based ESG information solution.
- Support application development through project management, writing script and other code, UI/UX design and development, and other activities as skills and tasks warrant.
Additional competencies should include:
Data services configuration and management
- Undertake web and literature research for specific projects.
- Develop initial analysis of research findings for design briefs and application feature specifications.
- Administer cloud-based data storage products to facilitate ingress and egress of both structured and non-structured data.
- Perform features comparison research to identify novel solutions to service delivery and product design.
Data preparation, analysis and visualization
- Contribution to and development of data processing, scalable data management infrastructure, statistical modelling, and machine learning processes
- Development and/or training of machine learning algorithms for ESG data analysis
- Exploration and design of methods and approaches for ESG data visualization
- Verifying cross-platform data integrity
- Research and development of qualitative and quantitative ESG metrics
- Preparing materials, providing administrative support for project teams and other tasks as needed.
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s accomplishments and projects through individual marketing, participation and presentations at related conferences and events.
- Strong ability to research literature and internet based sources, consolidate information into concise findings, proficient analytical skills and effectively communicate results.
- Possess strong writing skills and proficiency in the development and use of spreadsheets and other standard software packages.
- Strong abilities in one or several of the following:
- Web application or software development
- Web design and UI/UX design
- Statistics, data processing, analytics and modelling
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Agile Project Management
- A university degree in science or engineering (including those who are in enrolled in a current program) and/or equivalent experience, including demonstrated ability to approach problems from an engineering perspective
- 0-4 years employment experience working as a research analyst or related experience.
- Familiarity with cloud service platforms including Google Cloud, Azure, and/or AWS.
- Experience with agile methodologies and software development projects
- Training in data science including statistical modelling, data preparation and cleansing, large dataset optimization, commercial and open-source data modelling and analysis tools.
- Understanding of machine-learning techniques including natural language processing, sentiment analysis, deep neural networks, model training processes and related tools.
- Experience configuring and administering web applications.
- French language skills.
This position is funded through the Digital Skills for Youth program. Applicants must be under 30 years of age, be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.. At the time of hiring, the applicant must be unemployed, under employed or a student/recent graduate.
Applicants must apply through the Career Portal at https://delphi.zohorecruit.com. Deadline for applications is October 13, 2020.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Questions about the position may be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.