This is a significant time for the growing team at Delphi. There is increasing demand, interest, and sense of urgency across multiple industry sectors to accelerate towards net zero – and to invest in outside expertise to help them. To help grow both the Climate Change and Sustainability consulting practices through business development and market engagement, Delphi is now hiring for the new role of Director, Climate Change and Sustainability. Delphi is a truly team-oriented culture with deep experience and credibility across the group, earned over years of specialization in this field. Teamwork and collaboration will be key to this role.
This exciting and challenging position offers the opportunity to take a leadership role in developing and executing on the market engagement strategy for an extremely high-growth and meaningful consulting practice area in Canada – with increasing activity in the US. In this role, you will make a difference with a progressive, rapidly growing team; do work that matters with people who respect and care about each other; and contribute directly to our transition to a clean, just and sustainable future.
- Identify new potential opportunities for the Climate Change and Sustainability practices to build new relationships and win new clients/projects – and to lead this process through to successful closure.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to build profile for Delphi and your focus practices, especially through such activities as speaking at conferences or relevant events, or participating in roundtables – within Canada and also the US where feasible (could be virtual or in-person).
- Be a key representative of Delphi with clients, partners, collaborators, and other stakeholders relevant to the success of the organization’s climate change ambitions.
- Engage with key strategic clients to help guide them in the translation of climate change/sustainability ambitions into actionable and achievable plans (involving subject- matter experts in Delphi as required).
- Take responsibility for how you represent Delphi’s brand among clients (current and potential) and in the general market; a company’s reputation is built on the behaviour, actions and performance of every leader and team member in the organization.
To help ensure success in the externally focused responsibilities above, there needs to be very strong internal teamwork and processes behind the scenes. Internally oriented responsibilities include the following:
- Leverage market engagement experience to contribute to Delphi’s overall sales strategy and planning, and especially for the Climate and Sustainability services.
- Collaborate closely with Delphi subject-matter experts and senior managers on market trends and client feedback to stay on top of climate and sustainability priorities, future plans, and key risks or opportunities facing clients and therefore Delphi services.
- Work with senior leads on leveraging market information to contribute to internal decisions on resourcing, training, and marketing activities.
- Collaborate with Delphi’s marketing resources to shape activities that help support sales priorities.
To succeed in this role, you will be a results-oriented, collaborative leader who is highly motivated by The Delphi Group mandate and the opportunity to have a significant positive impact on our planet. You will bring some climate change and sustainability expertise, sufficient to understand the issues at stake and how climate change and sustainability consulting can help. Coupled with this, you will have a natural aptitude for market engagement and business development, and some experience in providing consulting services. In terms of specific skills, professional style and experience, Delphi seeks an effective combination of the following attributes.
- Motivated to contribute to a purpose-driven mandate; passionate about making a change and helping to solve climate change specifically
- Aligned to the values and culture of The Delphi Group
- Senior business-level engagement skills
- understanding how to engage executives and senior managers in corporate clients
- able to conduct business development through to a successful close Strong commercial acumen (able to understand how a services business works)
- A team player who can complement and leverage strengths of existing team
- An outstanding relationship and network builder who really enjoys this key element of the role, and is comfortable in one-to-one, small-group and large-group interactions
- A combination of clear strategic thinking with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Able to thrive in a smaller fast-moving environment, an adaptable and resourceful self- starter
- Able to lead and supervise others
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) are essential; French language proficiency is preferred but not a pre-requisite
- Worked in a professional consulting firm at some point in your career
- Engaged directly in the field of climate change and sustainability
- Communication experience and expertise leading group discussions, presenting to audiences, and engaging priority stakeholders
- Management consulting view on how to bring value to clients
- Specific expertise in core elements of climate change and sustainability related work, including:
- Understanding of key determinants of action on climate change (e.g. frameworks, scenario analysis, corporate governance and strategies)
- Experience shaping organizational strategies on climate change and sustainability for private sector companies – exposure to public sector/government also welcome in this regard
- Exposure to the quantitative, strategic and policy related elements of climate change.
The Delphi Group has entrusted Elaine Grotefeld at Latitude Cleantech Search to help them recruit for this important role. Delphi Director Climate Change & Sustainability.
If you are ready to apply, please submit your cover letter/resume through the Delphi recruitment portal at http://delphi.zohorecruit.com and complete the associated pre-screening assessment. The pre-screening assessment clarifies the essentials of a candidate’s experience/skills for the role and mitigates any unconscious identity bias during our initial screening process. During this assessment, you should avoid including any identifying information, such as references to gender, geographic location, nationality, and/or age. This anti- bias exercise takes approximately 2 minutes to complete. If you pass the initial pre-screening, your cover letter/resume will be reviewed by Elaine at Latitude Cleantech Search, and she will respond to all who reach this stage.
If you have specific questions or would like to learn more before applying, please contact Elaine Grotefeld directly through LinkedIn or on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Delphi Director Climate and Sustainability in the subject line.