Permanent Full Time – Remote in Canada, reporting to the GLOBE Series office in Vancouver, British Columbia
If you’re serious about making a difference and want to work in a dynamic, supportive environment with diverse growth opportunities, consider a career with us. Our unique group of organizations (GLOBE Series, The Delphi Group, EXCEL, CBSR and Leading Change Canada) is working together to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation. We’re a values-driven group of consultants, conveners, and advisors who help leading professionals, teams, and organizations compete and succeed, while advancing sustainability, social justice and a net-zero economy. With multiple offices across Canada, we collaborate with a vast network of thought leaders and partners to inspire innovation and accelerate action.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
Reporting to the Director, Program and Event Operations (the Program Director), the Manager, Client Events is responsible for the development and execution of programs and the day-to-day project management of all GLOBE Series virtual, in-person and hybrid client events, including webinars, workshops, and conferences, and select strategic convening opportunities for other constellation entities (e.g., The Delphi Group).
The Manager, Client Events leads on development of the overall program for client events, including content, speakers, and networking. The role requires working collaboratively across the GLOBE Series team to oversee the day-to-day project management of event development and execution, including finance, operations/logistics, sales, and marketing, ensuring tasks are completed on time and the event is delivered on budget. It may also require coordinating closing on transactional programming aspects of Client Events as applicable, including B2B and tradeshow/exhibition components.
The Manager, Client Events will directly supervise GLOBE Series Program/Project Coordinator(s) and Event Assistant(s), and will oversee the day-to-day functions of third-party contractors (e.g. event management, translation/interpretation, AV, etc.) who are providing support for GLOBE Series client events.
- Develops and manages detailed budgets and workplans for client events, with support from the Program Director and Senior Management Team as needed.
- Manages the day-to-day execution and implementation of client event workplans, making use of organizational tools and processes, and coordinating across the GLOBE team (programming/marketing/operations/admin) to ensure deliverables and tasks are completed on time and the event is delivered on budget.
- Reports regularly to senior management on the current state of working programs and event delivery.
- Manages and works with event venues and/or virtual event technology platforms (e.g., Zoom, Bizzabo, Grip, Airmeet, etc.) to ensure they are meeting the needs of the program and it’s desired outcomes. This includes oversight of operations needs such as event registration systems, room set-ups, F&B, signage, etc.
- Manages third-party contractors necessary for the execution of client events including AV, interpretation, and production services, etc.
- Collaborates and regularly communicates with the GLOBE Series marketing and sales teams on program development, event promotions, website(s), marketing strategy and materials, and event delivery.
- Manages design and delivery of select sponsored side events of GLOBE signature events, including the flagship GLOBE Forum (even years), GLOBE Capital (odd years).
- Follows-up with clients after completion of the event for a debrief call and request for testimonial/reference.
- Provides on-going and/or post-event feedback to GLOBE staff working on the event for continuous improvement.
- Supports and provides input to Sales/Sponsorship team and/or Delphi Project Leads on the development of proposals for client events and/or convening aspects of Delphi Group projects.
- Following contracting, acts as primary client contact on an ongoing basis to understand desired event outcomes and objectives, and ensure design and delivery of an event that meets client needs as outlined in client contract.
- Based on desired client outcomes and objectives, develops overall event plan/agenda, strategic programming and networking content and formats, with advice/oversight of the Program Director and input from the GLOBE Series Team as needed.
- Leads on identification, invitation and management of speakers, facilitators and/or hosts with support from the Program Coordinator and/or Event Assistant.
- Activates Constellation Senior Management Team (GLOBE Series, The Delphi Group, EXCEL, CBSR and Leading Change Canada) as necessary to pursue connections, speakers and partners to support program development.
- Works with the client and Program Director to ensure leading-edge topics, diverse speakers, and compelling and innovative session formats are infused into every GLOBE client event and activity, setting and tracking against event-based KPIs.Manages Program/Project Coordinator(s) and Event Assistants who report directly to the Manager, Client Events. Oversee training and development, hold regular one-on-one meetings, manage day-to-day activities, provide regular feedback and ensure they are fitting into the team and enjoying their role in GLOBE Series.
- Past experience working in the events industry in program development or event delivery required
- Experience with virtual events and working with various virtual events platforms required
- Experience or background in sustainability, climate change, cleantech or innovation an asset
- Excellent project management skills
- Certified Meeting Professional an asset
- Ability to multi-task at all times and deliver to deadlines
- Exceptional internal and external written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact and engage with a wide range of senior executives and their staff from a diversity of organizations, backgrounds, industries and sectors
- Well-organized and highly detail-oriented
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
Please submit your application through our recruitment portal at https://delphi.zohorecruit.com.
Application Deadline: June 18th at 5:00 pm EDT.