Permanent Full Time – Remote in Canada, reporting to the GLOBE Series office in Vancouver, British Columbia
If you’re serious about making a difference and want to work in a dynamic, supportive environment with diverse growth opportunities, consider a career with us. Our unique group of organizations (GLOBE Series, The Delphi Group, EXCEL, CBSR and Leading Change Canada) is working together to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation. We’re a values-driven group of consultants, conveners, and advisors who help leading professionals, teams, and organizations compete and succeed, while advancing sustainability, social justice and a net-zero economy. With multiple offices across Canada, we collaborate with a vast network of thought leaders and partners to inspire innovation and accelerate action.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Innovation and Partnerships (the Senior Director), the Manager, Event Partnerships is responsible for the overall management of sales and business development (BD) outreach, materials and processes for GLOBE Series Signature, Partner and Client events and projects, including the flagship GLOBE Forum (even years), GLOBE Capital (odd years), and any additional Signature, Partner and Client events held throughout the year (e.g. the Clean Recovery Breakthrough Series, Circular Economy Solution Series, and Women in Energy Transformation Dialogue Series)
Responsible for coordinating, tracking and reporting on targets and the implementation of the sales strategy, the role requires working collaboratively across the GLOBE Series team and with the various Constellation entities (The Delphi Group, EXCEL, CBSR and Leading Change Canada) to ensure outreach coordination, and the use of consistent sales materials, processes and tools.
The Manager, Event Partnerships will provide input on overarching GLOBE Series/Constellation sales strategies and approaches in existing and emerging markets, and will work with the Senior Director to develop and execute on targeted Signature Event, partner and client event sponsorship strategies.
Signature and Partner Events
- Supports the Senior Director in developing overall sales and sponsorship strategies for GLOBE Signature and Partner Events, in alignment with overall event strategies, desired outcomes and GLOBE Series vision.
- With support from the Senior Director, designs the sponsor user experience to streamline touch points and maximize their value and experience working with GLOBE.
- Manages the implementation and execution of Signature and/or Partner events or event series sponsorship strategies, including:
- Identifying and qualifying leads
- Defining sponsor/client entitlements, value propositions, and client need maps.
- Developing sales materials, sponsorship prospectuses, contract templates.
- Developing and implementing sales/sponsorship tracking processes.
- Reporting on targets
- Engages in targeted sponsorship outreach, maintaining relationships with past sponsors and building new sponsor relationships.
- Coordinates sponsorship outreach, working with the Senior Director and Senior Management Team to ensure efficient and effective outreach to existing and new clients and sponsors.
- Supports the Senior Director, Executive Team and Senior Management Team in articulating and closing sponsorship opportunities.
- Leads on proposal writing and budget development
- Leads on developing, revising and finalizing sponsorship entitlements, agreements and contracts, in alignment with sponsor and GLOBE Series desired outcomes and objectives.
- Manages and oversees the delivery of Signature Event sponsorship entitlements, working with the program, operations and marketing teams as needed to ensure a top-quality experience and customer service for all sponsors.
- Liaises and manages sponsors’ experience.
- Works closely with marketing, program and logistic teams to define and set up the right metrics enabling effective reporting to sponsors.
General Sponsorship and BD Support
- Engages in sales outreach, BD efforts and relationship/network building for Signature, Partner, and Client events, as well as cross-Constellation projects with strategic convening components.
- Leads and/or supports on proposal writing and budget development for GLOBE client events and for GLOBE components of cross-Constellation projects, with support from the program and marketing team and oversight from the Senior Director.
- Provides general support for the sales and Executive Team, including outreach tracking, budget management, and customized sales materials.
- Works with Senior Director, GLOBE operations and marketing teams to utilize, refine and develop tools and processes, including the CRM to efficiently and effectively track sales and sponsorship relationships, communications, and deals.
- Defines with the Senior Director processes to effectively report back to sponsors and demonstrate the value and impact of their partnership with GLOBE.
- Assists with identifying business opportunities to increase revenue and grow future events.
- Report on success, suggest ideas and approaches to drive sales and results.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working in sales, sponsorship and/or business development required
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to interact and engage with a wide range of senior executives and their staff from a diversity of organizations, backgrounds, industries and sectors
- Well-organized and highly detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and deliver to deadlines
- Experience with large scale events, both in-person and/or virtual will be considered a strong asset
- Experience and/or established network in sustainability, climate change, cleantech or innovation will be considered a strong asset
- Additional languages to English will be considered a strong asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, CRM software, project management tools will be considered an asset
- Minimum bachelors degree in Communications, Business, Marketing or equivalent in a related field
Please submit your application through our recruitment portal at https://delphi.zohorecruit.com.
Application Deadline: June 18th at 5:00 pm EDT.