Permanent Full Time Remote (anywhere in Canada, but ideally Toronto or Ottawa)
Deadline: May 7, 2021
If you’re serious about making a difference and want to work in a dynamic, supportive environment with diverse growth opportunities, consider a career with us. Our unique group of organizations (GLOBE Series, The Delphi Group (Delphi), The EXCEL Partnership, Canadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR) and Leading Change Canada) is working together to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation. We’re a values-driven group of consultants, conveners, and advisors who help leading professionals, teams, and organizations compete and succeed, while advancing sustainability, social justice and a net-zero economy. With multiple offices across Canada, we collaborate with a vast network of thought leaders and partners to inspire innovation and accelerate action.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will report to the Marketing and Communications Director and be responsible for:
- Raising the profile and level of engagement in our thought leadership, our product and service offerings, and our impact among targeted audiences for Delphi and CBSR.
- Helping our clients and members build their marketing communications capacity and enhance their leadership position on sustainability and climate issues and opportunities.
- Identifying lead generation, content and co-marketing opportunities across our group of organizations.
- Ensuring that our marketing and communications practices are best-in-class and reflect the evolving nature of digital and traditional media.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will lead and implement a range of marketing activities, including (1) strategic planning, (2) content marketing, (3) lead generation, (4) marketing partnerships, (5) sales and marketing collateral development, (6) copywriting, and (7) media relations support. The manager will also oversee email and social media marketing, website development and management, and digital advertising.
- Work with the senior management team to identify how marketing and communications activities can support the overall business strategy and sales/revenue goals, as well as drive more impact.
- Develop marketing strategies for Delphi and CBSR as well as sub-marketing plans for specific campaigns as necessary.
- Monitor competitors and identify unique selling propositions and clear competitive differentiation points.
- Provide advice and support to the sales team on proposals, pitch decks and sales materials.
- Identify, coordinate and implement content marketing and lead generation opportunities (e.g., blogs, webinars, interviews, podcasts, polls, infographics, white papers, etc.).
- Coordinate with the GLOBE Series Marketing Manager to maximize impact across the group.
- Work with the design team to ensure the brands are communicated consistently in all sales and marketing materials and collateral.
- Support our clients – who include many of Canada’s sustainability and climate leaders — as needed with marketing communications activities.
- Support public relations efforts, media outreach, and partner relationships.
- Oversee the Digital Marketing and Web Specialist on website and landing page builds, SEO, and digital advertising campaigns.
- Oversee the Communications Coordinator on social media and email marketing.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in marketing, communications, public relations; or a degree in an environment-or sustainability-related field if complemented with the requisite marketing experience.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience, with a focus on energy and the environment, circular economy, cleantech, sustainability and/or climate change.
- Collaborative leader with the ability to identify areas of improvement, suggest creative new approaches and work with a team to implement.
- Strategic thinker who can clearly communicate complex issues in a simplified manner to a variety of audiences.
- Strong initiative, planning and execution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality work.
- Exceptional writing and editing capabilities, flair for creating compelling marketing copy.
- Effective project and time management; the ability to proactively plan, prioritize and meet strict and competing deadlines, for multiple projects.
Delphi and CBSR invite all job candidates to complete a pre-screening assessment, which mitigates any unconscious identity bias during our initial screening process. During this assessment, you should avoid including any identifying information, such as references to gender, geographic location, nationality, and/or age.
If you pass the initial pre-screening assessment, your cover letter/resume will be reviewed by the hiring committee. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview process with hiring committee members. If you have any questions about this process, kindly direct your enquiries to email@example.com.