Term of Position: Full Time
Closing Date: October 2, 2019
Location: Toronto or Ottawa, ON
The Policy Analyst is responsible for providing research, analytical and strategic support to all projects & proposals and to all levels of management in the company. The role requires excellent support skills, including clear communications, analytical and strategic competencies, and an appetite for taking the initiative around opportunities as they present themselves.
The position requires an individual with ~1-3 years’ experience in environmental/climate policy research and analysis or a related area.
Delphi prides itself on being a purpose-driven organization, and we look for team members who embody our mission to “have fun while changing the world for the better”.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
Research & Projects
- Support projects with the accountability for delivering research and general project related duties in a timely manner. Particular focus on projects related to:
- Environment/Climate Change Policy and Regulatory Analysis
- Provincial climate policies, emission reduction strategies
- Federal pan-Canadian Climate Change Framework
- International trends
- Tracking of ongoing policy and regulatory developments through variety of means.
- Support in responding to requests for research, policy analysis, business intelligence and strategic insight from a diverse client base and audiences with varying degrees of expertise.
- Assist with the preparation of writing and editing draft reports and subject briefs (includes content review and development).
- Support with stakeholder engagement, facilitation, consultations (workshops, roundtables, phone interviews, etc.).
- May also include opportunity to support other Delphi service areas, including:
- Climate Change and Corporate Sustainability
- Research and analysis into the development of strategies across a variety of industries, incorporating carbon and climate change risk into business strategies, supporting research into public and private sector GHG mitigation strategies.
- Climate change reporting, including in sustainability reports, CDP, and TCFD.
- Cleantech & Innovation
- Researching Canadian cleantech companies and supporting the preparation of reports, presentations, workshops, etc.
- Green Economy
- Research and analysis in support of green economic development plans and circular economy strategies for both public and private sector clients.
- Support the identification of opportunities and development of project proposals of varying size and scope.
- Support the preparation of Delphi proposals, under the direction of a supervisor.
Business Development and Marketing
- Provide research and needed support to other Delphi team members in developing business strategies and marketing materials across a variety of sectors.
- Preparation of and assistance with the development of thought leadership pieces, presentations and other engagements.
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s accomplishments through individual marketing and participation at related conferences and events.
- Expertise in Canadian climate change and GHG policy/regulation (federal/sub-national).
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams and highly dynamic work environments.
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 1-3 years employment experience or related experience.
- A university degree in public policy, business, economics, environmental studies (or equivalents).
- International policy expertise or direct work experience.
- Experience with Sustainability Reporting Frameworks (SASB, GRI, TCFD, etc.) and/or Environmental Inventories (carbon, energy, water, waste, etc.) considered an additional asset.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit the The Delphi Group’s candidate portal here: https://delphi.zohorecruit.com/candidateportal. If you have not previously registered as a candidate, please click on the Create an account link and follow the instructions. Within the portal, you will be able to upload your resume and cover letter and apply for any available positions. Should you have any difficulty using the portal, please email email@example.com.