Term of Position: Full-time
Closing Date: March 8, 2021, 11:00 pm EST
Location: Remote position
The Delphi Group (Delphi.ca) is seeking a Policy Consultant responsible for providing research, analytical and strategic support to all projects & proposals and to all levels of management in the company. The role requires excellent support skills, including clear communications, analytical and strategic competencies, and an appetite for taking the initiative around opportunities as they present themselves.
The position requires an individual with ~3-5 years’ experience in environmental/climate policy research and analysis or a related area.
Delphi prides itself on being a purpose-driven organization, and we look for team members who embody our mission to “transform the way leading organizations generate value to make our world better”.
The Delphi Group is part of a constellation of organizations that also includes GLOBE Series, the EXCEL Partnership, Canadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR) and Leading Change. Each of these organizations has its own mission, services and platforms, but we work together toward a common purpose: to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation.
GLOBE Series convenes events like GLOBE Capital and GLOBE Forum, among others; The Delphi Group provides sustainability consulting services; the EXCEL Partnership and CBSR bring together Canadian corporate leaders on key sustainability issues; and Leading Change accelerates young professional leadership in sustainability.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
Project Delivery, Management & Coordination
- Leading small and medium sized client projects, and undertaking larger client projects with support and supervision from senior management. Particular focus on projects related to:
- Environment/Climate Change Policy and Regulatory Analysis
- Provincial climate policies, emission reduction strategies
- Federal pan-Canadian Climate Change Framework
- International trends
- Contributing to and/or leading efforts related to:
- Tracking of ongoing policy and regulatory developments through variety of means.
- Responding to requests for research, policy analysis, business intelligence and strategic insight from a diverse client base and audiences with varying degrees of knowledge on policy issues.
- Preparation of writing and editing draft reports and subject briefs (includes content review and development).
- Conducting stakeholder engagement, facilitation, consultations (workshops, roundtables, phone interviews, etc.) as required for project delivery.
- Preparation of project timelines, budget preparation and reports on project progress.
- Taking a lead role in maintaining ongoing communication with clients.
- Maintain communication with project team, initiate team meetings when necessary, monitor staff efforts to ensure projects stay on budget and on time.
- Role will also include the opportunity to support other Delphi service areas, including:
- Climate Change & Corporate Sustainability
- Research and analysis into the development of strategies across a variety of industries, incorporating carbon and climate change risk into business strategies, supporting research into public and private sector GHG mitigation strategies.
- Climate change reporting, including in sustainability reports, CDP, and TCFD.
- Cleantech & Innovation
- Researching Canadian cleantech companies and supporting the preparation of reports, presentations, workshops, etc.
- Green & Circular Economy
- Research and analysis in support of green economic development plans and circular economy strategies for both public and private sector clients.
Business Development and Marketing
- Support the identification of opportunities and development of project proposals of varying size and scope, including taking the lead on the overall coordination and writing the majority of proposal sections under the direction of senior management.
- Preparation of and assistance with the development of thought leadership pieces, presentations and other engagements.
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s accomplishments through individual marketing and participation at related conferences and events.
- Expertise in Canadian climate change and GHG policy/regulation (federal/sub-national).
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams and highly dynamic work environments.
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3-5 years employment experience or related experience.
- A university degree in public policy, business, economics, environmental studies (or equivalents).
(preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following):
- International policy expertise or direct work experience.
- Experience with Sustainability Reporting Frameworks (SASB, GRI, TCFD, etc.) and/or Environmental Inventories (carbon, energy, water, waste, etc.) considered an additional asset.
Applicants must apply through the Career Portal at https://delphi.zohorecruit.com.
No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Questions about the position may be emailed to email@example.com.