Permanent Full Time – Remote in Canada, reporting to the GLOBE Series office in Vancouver, British Columbia
If you’re serious about making a difference and want to work in a dynamic, supportive environment with diverse growth opportunities, consider a career with us. Our unique group of organizations (GLOBE Series, The Delphi Group, EXCEL, CBSR and Leading Change Canada) is working together to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation. We’re a values-driven group of consultants, conveners, and advisors who help leading professionals, teams, and organizations compete and succeed, while advancing sustainability, social justice and a net-zero economy. With multiple offices across Canada, we collaborate with a vast network of thought leaders and partners to inspire innovation and accelerate action.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
Reporting to the Director, Program and Event Operations (the Program Director), the Senior Manager, Signature Events is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of programs and supports the day-to-day project management of GLOBE Series Signature Events, including the flagship GLOBE Forum (even years), GLOBE Capital (odd years), and any additional Signature Events held throughout the year.
The Senior Manager, Signature Events leads on development of the overall program for Signature Events, including content, speakers, networking and side events. The role requires working collaboratively across the GLOBE Series team to support the day-to-day project management of event development and execution, including operations/logistics, sales/sponsorship, and marketing, ensuring tasks are completed on time and the event is delivered on budget. It also requires coordinating closely with other team members on transactional programming aspects of Signature Events as applicable, including B2B and tradeshow/exhibition components.
The Senior Manager, Signature Events will support the Program Director in staying current on global environment and sustainability-related trends, competing (or aligned) events, and the latest event formats, technology platforms and tools for engagement.
The Senior Manager, Signature Events will directly supervise GLOBE Series Program/Project Coordinator(s) and Event Assistant(s), and will support the Program Director in managing third-party contractors (e.g. event management, translation/interpretation, AV, production services, etc.) who are providing support for GLOBE Series Signature Events.
- Oversees the development and management of the overall event agenda/framework, including program sessions, networking, and side events, with advice/oversight of the Program Director and input from the GLOBE Series Team.
- Coordinates with relevant GLOBE team members (e.g. Manager, B2B Programs) to incorporate B2B and transactional program elements into the overall event framework. Develops strategic programming and networking content and formats aligned with given event vision, with support from Program Coordinator.
- Leads on identification, invitation and management of speakers, facilitators and/or hosts with support from the Program Coordinator and/or Event Assistant.
- Identifies and manages a working group of internal program champions for GLOBE signature events (Program Committee), with support from the Program Coordinator.
- Activates Constellation Senior Management Team (GLOBE Series, The Delphi Group, EXCEL, CBSR and Leading Change Canada) to pursue connections, speakers and partners to support program development.
- Works with the Program Director to ensure leading-edge topics, diverse speakers, and compelling and innovative session formats are infused into every GLOBE Signature event and activity, setting and tracking against event-based KPIs.
- Coordinates with the Sales/Sponsorship team to ensure sponsored program content is incorporated into event programs without comprising GLOBE Series brand integrity.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of event operations areas for both in-person and virtual events, with direction from the Program Director and implementation support from the Operations Coordinator and/or third party event management contractor(s), including but not limited to:
- Designing the flow and feel of event, focused on the delegate/speaker/user experience.
- Working with event venues and/or virtual event technology platforms to ensure they are meeting the needs of the program and it’s desired outcomes.
- Development of on-site / day-of event delivery plans, including run(s) of show, staff schedules, volunteer programs, manuals, and communication plans.
- Support the Program Director in managing and liaising with external suppliers and contractors (e.g. AV, production services, etc.)
- Supports the Program Director in developing overall budgets and workplans for Signature Events.
- Manages the day-to-day execution and implementation of Signature Event workplans, making use of organizational tools and processes, and coordinating across the GLOBE team to ensure deliverables and tasks are completed on time and the event is delivered on budget.
- Reports regularly to senior management on the current state of working programs and event delivery.
- Collaborates and regularly communicates with the GLOBE Series marketing and sales teams on program development, event promotions, website(s), marketing strategy and materials, and event delivery.
- Manage Program and Operations Coordinator(s) and Event Assistant(s) who report directly to the Manager, Signature Events. Oversee training and development, hold regular one-on-one meetings, manage day-to-day activities, provide regular feedback and ensure they are fitting into the team and enjoying their role in GLOBE Series.
- A minimum of 5 years past experience working in the events industry in program development and/or event delivery required
- Experience with virtual events and working with various virtual events platforms required
- Experience or background in sustainability, climate change, cleantech or innovation an asset
- Excellent project management skills
- Certified Meeting Professional an asset
- Ability to multi-task at all times and deliver to deadlines
- Exceptional internal and external written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact and engage with a wide range of senior executives and their staff from a diversity of organizations, backgrounds, industries and sectors.
- Well-organized and highly detail-oriented
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Minimum bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field
Please submit your application through our recruitment portal at https://delphi.zohorecruit.com.
Application Deadline: June 18th at 5:00 pm EDT.