Term of Position: Permanent Full Time
Location: Remote anywhere in Canada. Preference is hybrid from one of our offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.
Only resilient communities can combat the climate crisis – that’s why we’re seeking a Sustainable Programs Manager to help us connect our communities and drive progress towards a more prosperous, sustainable future.
As a Sustainable Programs Manager you are a self-driven, energetic and creative professional who has subject matter expertise in sustainability, cleantech, or climate change and a passion for outcomes-oriented events that affect positive change. You are driven and ready to design and deliver impactful programs under the GLOBE Series event portfolio. This position requires strong event content development and project management experience, and is expected to collaborate across the GLOBE team to ensure the successful overall delivery of GLOBE events.
As a boutique environmental action and ESG organization, your “fit” with our unique corporate culture means a lot to us. We’re a people-first shop, guided by our core values of integrity, transparency, teamwork, excellence and having fun. So, we would love to learn more about your personality and passions through your application and the interview process.
Program Strategy & Development:
- Work with the GLOBE team, clients and/or partners to identify program outcomes and build the program content strategy for GLOBE signature and client events, including large-scale, multi-tracked conferences.
- Collaborate with partners to create action-oriented programming aimed at creating a more sustainable and prosperous future for all.
- Develop a general program flow and determine appropriate speakers, in alignment with event outcomes and strategy.
- Build the event program and suggested event timing, considering opportunities for partner/sponsor contribution and maximizing attendee engagement.
- Develop individual program session outcomes, titles and descriptions, in collaboration with event marketing team, and manage and adapt sessions as needed based on changes to speaker lineups and session partners/sponsors.
Program & Project Management:
- Serve as project manager for all program development aspects of events, including large-scale working cross-functionally to identify deliverables and deadlines, communicate expectations, and ensure results.
- Develop and manage the overall program schedule, adapting and adjusting as needed based on changes to the overall program, speaker lineups, and the needs of session partners/sponsors.
- Develop the detailed content flow / run of show for each program session.
- Work closely with the event production team on identifying venue, AV, logistics and other production support needs for program delivery. This may include providing input on build event orders for audio, video, staging, and lighting systems.
- Work closely with and provide input to the event production team to develop master runs of show for all stakeholders (show caller, production company, emcees, etc).
- Oversee onsite program delivery and speaker management, with support from the program team and in collaboration with the event production team.
- Manage the program wrap-up process, including collecting feedback from speakers.
- Have the ability to work on in-person and virtual events to execute a top-notch experience in either environment.
- Act as main point of contact for speaker communication, from invitation through event execution.
- Assist with and/or lead speaker research, recruitment, and preparation for event
- Oversee speaker management, with support from Program Coordinators, including organizing speaker training, scheduling reviews and dry-runs, managing speaker communications, ensuring speaker travel is coordinated, and providing on-site speaker support.
- Oversee preparation of speaker and moderator materials, including prep packets, moderator questions, and presentations.
- Work with the program team to grow and manage speaker database
- Potentially moderate sessions or interview event participants
- Oversee the timely development, collection and review of program collateral, such as slide decks and videos.
Support for Marketing & Sponsorship:
- Work with event marketing team as needed and applicable to leverage program content and speakers for promotion pre- and post-event.
- Work with brand, design, and social media as needed and applicable to make sure the brand is consistent throughout content and presentations.
- Work with the event partnerships team as needed and applicable to collaborate with sponsors and partners to deliver outcomes-oriented program-related entitlements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in a related field is considered an asset
- Advanced understanding and experience in sustainability, cleantech, climate change, innovation, entrepreneurship, or related fields
- Demonstrable experience in event or content creation
- Experience working with high-calibre, executive, VIP and other key thought leaders
- Experience in researching, critical thinking, proposing and advancing relevant themes, topics and content for outcomes-driven event programs in the sustainability or clean tech fields
- Experience developing cohesive content and messaging strategies for keynotes, marketing initiatives and messaging for in person and virtual events
- Excellent project management experience and organizational skills
- Skilled at being able to manage multiple workflows simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong track record for partner and stakeholder collaboration (internal and external)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including copywriting and editing
- Comfortable speaking with anyone, at any level of an organization
- Familiarity with analytics and reporting
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools
- Experience with virtual events or virtual event platforms
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and/or resume through our recruitment portal at http://delphi.zohorecruit.com by February 20th, 2024. Kindly note that ZOHO only allows you to upload one document, so please combine your documents into a single PDF or email them to Careers@Delphi.ca.
GLOBE Series invites all candidates to complete this roll’s pre-screening assessment. The pre-screening assessment examines a candidate’s experience/skills for the role and mitigates any unconscious identity bias during our initial screening process. During this assessment, you should avoid including any identifying information, such as references to gender, geographic location, nationality, and/or age.
If you pass the initial pre-screening assessment, your cover letter/resume will be reviewed by the hiring committee. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview process with hiring committee members. If you have any questions about this process, kindly direct your enquiries to email@example.com.